Lawrence, Charles R. III (Faculty Emeritus)
This webpage lists all of the articles and books that the faculty member has physically donated to the Law Library's Faculty Archive. Please see the Biography, ScholarSpace, and SSRN links above to find more publications by this faculty member.
Series A- Articles
- Local kine implicit bias: unconscious racism revisited (yet again).
37 U. Haw. L. Rev. 457 (2015).
- Passing and trespassing in the Academy: On Whiteness as Property and Racial Performance as Political Speech.
31 Harv. J. Racial & Ethnic Just. 7 (2015).
- The Fire This Time: Black Lives Matter, Abolitionist Pedagogy and the Law,
65 J. of Legal Educ. (2015)
- Unconscious Racism Revisited: Reflections on the Impact and Origins of "The Id, the Ego, and Equal Protection"
40 Connecticut L. Rev 4 (2008)
- Toward A Pedagogy of Diversity
41 Perspectives in Diversity (1997)
- If He Hollers Let Him Go: Regulating Racist Speech on Campus
3 Duke L. J. (1990)
- Doing "The James Brown" at Harvard: Professor Derrick Bell as Liberationist Teacher
8 Harv. BlackLetter L. J. (1991)
- The Word and the River: Pedagogy as Scholarship as Struggle
65 S. Cal. L. Rev. 5 (1992)
- Cringing at Myths of Black Sexuality
65 S. Cal. L. Rev. 3 (1992)
- Crossburning and the Sound of Silence: Antisubordination Theory and the First Amendment
37 Vill. L. Rev. 4 (1992)
- Foreward: Race, Multiculturalism, and the Jurisprudence of Transformation
47 Stan. L. Rev. 5 (1995)
- The Epidemiology of Color-Blindness: Learning to Think and Talk About Race, Again
15 B. C. Third World L. J. 1 (1995)
- Each Other's Harvest: Diversity's Deeper Meaning
31 U.S. F. L. Rev. 4 (1997)
- Two Views of the River: A Critique of the Liberal Defense of Affirmative Action
101 Colum. L. Rev. 101 (2001)
- Forbidden Conversations: On Race, Privacy, and Community (A Continuing Conversation with John Ely on Racism and Democracy)
114 Yale L. J. 6 (2005)
- Who is the Child Left Behind?: The Racial Meaning of the New School Reform
39 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 3 (2006)
- Introduction to Georgetown Journal of Law and Modern Critical Race Perspectives Inaugural Issue
1 Geo. J. L. & Modern Critical Race Persp. 1 (2009)
- "Acting Our Color": Racial Re-Construction and Identity as Acts of Resistance
18 UCLA Asian Pac. Am. L. J. 1 (2013)
- Passing and Trespassing in the Academy: On Whiteness as Property and Racial Performance as Political Speech
31 Harv. J. Racial & Ethnic Jus. 2015
Series B- Books and Book Chapters